Bikesport, Inc. is  Permanently Clsoed for Business.

Q. I have a bike or other item on order that I placed a deposit on or paid for in full. How do I get my money back?

A. Phone your credit card company at once. If you look at the back of your credit card there is a “1-800” or other customer service phone number on the back. Phone this number and tell them, “I need to dispute a charge for undelivered merchandise”.

The operator should be able to process your chargeback dispute over the phone. If your credit card company requires additional documentation you may e-mail a request to:

Please be advised that it may take up to 4 weeks to respond to e-mails sent to this address.

Q. My credit card company told me too much time has passed and I cannot dispute the charge. What do I do now?

A. Phone them again and direct them to this website for information. The first operator you spoke with may be trained to deflect chargeback inquiries past 30-60 days. You may also ask to speak to a supervisor.

Q. Why can’t I get my refund in the store from Bikesport, Inc.?

A. We cannot provide refunds because our processor has these funds.
On January 26th, 2009 our credit card processor announced they were establishing a “reserve account” in which they would withhold $60,000.00 of our sales as security. Bikesport, Inc. did not have any outstanding liabilities to the credit card processor. We initially believed we could maintain operations normally but as the economy worsened and other factors emerged we could no longer operate without the $60,000.00 removed from our sales by our credit card processor.

Q. Have you tried to sue your credit card processor to recover these funds?

A. Yes. We consulted with three separate attorneys, including one specializing in class action law suits. None of them felt the case could be resolved in a timely enough manner to continue operations normally or benefit our customers.

>> Back to Closing FAQ